MY NEW WEBSITE FOR ONLINE CLASSES

MY NEW WEBSITE FOR ONLINE CLASSES
Click on image to go to website

Kate loves creating

Kate loves creating

Soul Dwelling promo

Monday, January 28, 2013

A jack-in-the-box girl




Here is a painting I worked on while taking a class with Mindy Murphy Lacefield. I really love working with collage. Yes.......more rabbits! I love working abstractly but then I have to have some realistic form in the work. I finally figured out that my goal is not to make a realistic painting but on the other hand not abstract either. I seem to go back in forth with my process of allowing myself to  paint wildly without any thought of realism, but then I reel myself in with reference around me to create form that makes sense. I have a huge library of images I can refer to when that stage of the painting is called for. It's a wild unexpected ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment